Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 09:31:59 -0800

Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:
>> Yes, that makes sense.  In the meantime, I suppose we could add a
>> piece of advice on plan to run the desired functions.  Would that
>> work?
>
> Yes, it ought to work.

Thanks.  Seems to help.  In case it is useful for others:

  ;; Run appt updates after calling M-x plan
  (defadvice plan (after sfy/planner-after-plan)
    "Since no hook is available, use advice to run appt update functions
  whenever M-x plan is called."
    (planner-appt-update-appt-section-maybe)
    (planner-appt-forthcoming-update-section-maybe))
  (ad-activate 'plan)

Having a plan-hook still seems like a nice idea.

I noticed that there is a planner-goto-hook and I was thinking it
might be nice to use this so that when you visit a day page in the
future it shows an updatated forthcoming appts seciton.

Is there a planner-day-page-p that I'm missing?

--
 + seth