Re: [emms-help] More mpv player code review

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] More mpv player code review
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 01:44:13 +0500

On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 22:18:26 +0200
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 16:21:39 +0200
> > Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> I'm not sure of the exact requirements here, but what about
> >> `make-proces' and `make-pipe-process'?
>
> See "(elisp) Asynchronous Processes" and
> `process-connection-type':
>
> So as I understand pipes seem to be portable.
> Not tested though, and I don't know how well mpv works on Windows.

They are, but it's not stdin/stdout pipes that are non-portable with
--input-file, but (a) a fifo socket, (b) binary to create fifo socket
("mkfifo"), and (c) binary to read from fifo socket ("cat").

I think there're some kind of replacements for all of these on windows,
and probably on other more werid platforms that emacs/mpv support, so
there might also be a cross-platform abstraction for these, but maybe
won't help anyway, as mentioned.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net