Re: [emms-help] emms-player-mpv ipc-error: connection-error

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-player-mpv ipc-error: connection-error
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 22:08:53 +0500

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 21:06:15 +0500
Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 09:20:48 +0500
> Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 22:11:50 +0300
> > Konstantin Reich <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe the problem me using emacs 26?
> >
> > Will fix and report back, thanks for mentioning it!
>
> Did find what looks like a bug in emacs-26, and reported it here:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31901

There seem to have been another similar issue filed with :nowait for
server sockets as well, but unfortunately neither got any attention so far.

So implemened and pushed a workaround to simply disable :nowait
in emacs-26 and later versions until that issue will be resolved.

I think this should only impact emacs performance if mpv process
becomes unresponsive and ipc socket buffers fill up, which should not
happen normally.

Workaround with 'file as emms-player-mpv-ipc-method should no longer be
necessary, and I'd appreciate if you can test and confirm that it works
in your case as well.

Again, thanks a lot for helping to track down this issue.
I'm usually lagging a bit behind OS updates, so probably wouldn't have
spotted it for a while, despite emacs-26.1 being available in Arch repos.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net