Re: New emms-info-native

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: New emms-info-native
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 20:00:15 +0200

"Fran Burstall (Gmail)" <fran.burstall@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried last night's test on the new info-native branch version and got
> zero errors in 14051 files in 371 secs.  This is twice as fast as last
> night but nowhere near the 250 tracks a second that Yoni is seeing!

If you have lots of Ogg or FLAC files in your collection, then that
would explain the difference.  Ogg and FLAC parsing is now much slower
than MP3s.

But it is good to know that there were no errors.  Getting rid of errors
was the main reason for doing a new version, performance gains are just
a nice bonus.

Thank you for your testing.
Regards,
Petteri