[Devel] PureC

From: Wolfgang Domröse
Subject: [Devel] PureC
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:21:02 GMT

I want to compile FreeType2 on TOS (this is -if you have forgotten- the OS of
ATARI). Besides this, I want to compile with PureC which is not a traditional
but an ancient compiler. I want to do so, because I want to link the library to
PurePascal/PureAssembler-Programs.

The first problem is to compile a construct like this one (example from
ftimage.h):

  typedef enum  FT_Glyph_Format_
  {
    ft_glyph_format_none      = 0,
    ft_glyph_format_composite = FT_IMAGE_TAG( 'c', 'o', 'm', 'p' ),
    ft_glyph_format_bitmap    = FT_IMAGE_TAG( 'b', 'i', 't', 's' ),
    ft_glyph_format_outline   = FT_IMAGE_TAG( 'o', 'u', 't', 'l' ),
    ft_glyph_format_plotter   = FT_IMAGE_TAG( 'p', 'l', 'o', 't' )

  } FT_Glyph_Format;

PureC only allows INT as element of enumeration. So what can I do? One easy way
would be:

#ifdef __PUREC__
  typedef enum  FT_Glyph_Format_
  {
    ft_glyph_format_none      ,
    ft_glyph_format_composite ,
    ft_glyph_format_bitmap    ,
    ft_glyph_format_outline   ,
    ft_glyph_format_plotter

  } FT_Glyph_Format;

I guess, this works if and only if this enumeration is used inside FreeType
without relation to imported type-data. But I do not know if this is so.

Can I do so or do you have an other idea?

Thanks

Wolfgang Domroese