RE: Accessing glyphs via symbol char map

From: Boris Letocha
Subject: RE: Accessing glyphs via symbol char map
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:56:25 +0200

> > It should be good to access symbol char codes as 32-255,
> but there should be flag somethere to notice it if it is
> "symbol" font or "Unicode" font.
> >
> Well, I'd rather see it as the definition of a new enum like
> "ft_encoding_win_symbol", and some code in 'src/sfnt' to detect the
> 0xF000 shift in the mapping..

So default Charmap will not be Unicode for a such fonts?

But your solution looks good ... (You are author of FreeType, so it should look good :-)

One question offtopic. I try to load fonts which I have in my Win2k font directory - ttf and ttc fonts working ok, but bitmap *.fon files are not recognized by FreeType. Should they work? Or doing something wrong?

(They don't interest me so much, but for clarity) (Also they have "MZ" header font exe file :-( people on M$ are crazy sometimes :-)

Boris Letocha