Re: Accessing glyphs via symbol char map

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Accessing glyphs via symbol char map
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 10:02:14 +0200

Hi Boris,

> One question offtopic. I try to load fonts which I have in my Win2k font
> directory - ttf and ttc fonts working ok, but bitmap *.fon files are not
> recognized by FreeType. Should they work? Or doing something wrong?

Well, they should work as soon as I have completed the font driver (same is
true for PCF/BDF by the way :-)

> (They don't interest me so much, but for clarity) (Also they have "MZ" header
> font exe file :-( people on M$ are crazy sometimes :-)

Well, it's exactly what's holding me from releasing this thing. I'm currently
deep in the Wine source to see how to parse Windows executables to extract
the "FNT" part within a "FON" DLL..

Cheers,

- David