Re: Asian language fonts?

From: Jam
Subject: Re: Asian language fonts?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 04:02:45 -0500

I've remembered another project MOJIKYO which trying to make
a looking up system for all Chinese characters including
Japanese (about 90,000 characters), gather all fonts, and
release fonts freely.  They have 20,000 characters defined
by unicode, 50,000 from Dai Kanwa Dictionary, and others.

They are releasing TTF fonts now.  I'm not sure what kind of
encoding system they are using though.

http://www.mojikyo.gr.jp/

   On Jul 20, 18:52, Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa wrote:
   > Subject: [spam score 9.48/10.0 -pobox] Re: [spam score 9.86/10.0 -pobox] A
   >    On Jul 20, 13:06, "Allen Lin" wrote:
   >    > Subject: [spam score 9.86/10.0 -pobox] Asian language fonts?
   >    > Anyone know where I can get some Asian language truetype fonts
   >    > which don't need to be run through an interpreter?
   >
   > This link shows two free Japanese fonts converted from
   > Watanabe-Mincho font and Wada-Ken font.  There is a
   > description in Japanese also.
   >
   > http://www.linux.or.jp/~ishikawa/linux/dists/FreeType/

-- Kazushi
"The porcupine with the sharpest quills gets stuck on a tree more
often."