Re: [Fsfe-uk] MSN Thought Thieves

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] MSN Thought Thieves
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:14:59 +0100

On Saturday 14 May 2005 11:55, Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Saturday 14 May 2005 11:23, Alex Hudson wrote:
> > How does attempting to show up their motives legitimise them? It is
> > better to let this pass without any comment?
>
> Because your motivations for participating will be given little if any
> attention, whereas your participation will at least be registered in the
> numbers of people who took part.
[snip]
> It's a tough call, but in this particular case, I can imagine more harm
> from participating than good.  Why not make a video and distribute it
> independently of Microsoft, if you have something to say?  It would be
> better off on creativecommons.org anyway, probably ;)

Well, that depends on how Alex (and others who I've seen proposing to do this)
submit their work. They could submit the video to the competition, then
contact the press and try and make a story out of it. That would be far more
interesting and effective than just randomly making anti-Microsoft or
pro-sensible-IP videos and posting them on the web.

Regards,
Tom

--
Please send personal emails to address@hidden not address@hidden