Re: [Fsfe-uk] MSN Thought Thieves

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] MSN Thought Thieves
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:28:20 +0100

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 12:14 +0100, Tom Chance wrote:
> > It's a tough call, but in this particular case, I can imagine more harm
> > from participating than good.  Why not make a video and distribute it
> > independently of Microsoft, if you have something to say?  It would be
> > better off on creativecommons.org anyway, probably ;)
>
> Well, that depends on how Alex (and others who I've seen proposing to do
> this)
> submit their work. They could submit the video to the competition, then
> contact the press and try and make a story out of it. That would be far more
> interesting and effective than just randomly making anti-Microsoft or
> pro-sensible-IP videos and posting them on the web.

Yeah, I didn't intend to completely spell out my plans, but obviously
just submitting it and sighing when we didn't get an invite to the
winner's bash isn't really the idea ;o)

The idea is to do something creative, something thought provoking, and
see how MS respond. Think subversion, not adhesion.

Cheers,

Alex.