Re: [Fsfe-uk] Hosting for Sixth Form College student Wordpress install

From: Clive Menzies
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Hosting for Sixth Form College student Wordpress install
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:13:25 +0100

On (28/09/05 23:41), bug-gnu-chess-owner wrote:
> Clive Menzies wrote:
> >
> > joomla (from the ex-mambo developers).
>
> I used Mambo before, do you know off a short summary of the politics of
> this rename/fork ?

Only what I've skimmed in various newsletters etc.  Things seemed to
come to a head when Miro reneged on an agreement to appoint 2 mambo
developers to the board of the Mambo Foundation.  It is well worth
visiting joomla's site to see what they are doing; a lot of people seem
to be migrating from mambo to joomla.

A quick google came up with this:
http://www.newsforge.com/newsvac/05/08/18/1413218.shtml

Regards