Re: [Fsfe-uk] GPL licence untested, authors could lose their rights in U

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] GPL licence untested, authors could lose their rights in UK
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:27:02 +0100

Alex Hudson <address@hidden>
> > Please could someone post a summary to the list? [...]
>
> I'll try, assuming I get an invite.

Thanks.

[...]
> To be fair, I somewhat understand the reasoning here - my company
> undertakes workshops nationally on small business matters, and frankly
> it's work getting people to attend anywhere. The next ones we're doing
> are in London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. It costs more money to do
> workshops in places where it's harder to get an audience, although
> usually you can make the case that you have to do one in each of the
> nations. It is harder to make the case for the regions: you spend more
> money but get fewer delegates.

The reason for my initial comment was that East of England is
strong in software development, but missing from that seminar
tour, which may suggest software development companies are not
the target audience (or that the provider is clueless or has
a grudge or something else, but I think those are less likely...)

Fewer delegates? Possibly. Do you know where your audience is?
More expensive? Here on the fringe of a region, the venues seem
far cheaper than London, as far as I can tell. Even if you go
somewhere inland with fast links to most of the other centres
and subcentres in the region, it's still pretty cheap.

More detailed off-topic reply sent directly.
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask