Re: [Fsfe-uk] GPL licence untested, authors could lose their rights in U

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] GPL licence untested, authors could lose their rights in UK
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:27:02 +0100

Alex Hudson <address@hidden>
> I've asked to be let in for the 25th in London, I rather suspect the
> talk will be somewhat less exciting than the "GPL authors lose their
> rights!" spin.

Please could someone post a summary to the list? Going for
breakfast at 8am in London is expensive and just a downright
pain in the backside unless you need to be there for some
other reason.

Once again, "the East of England, Europe's hotbed for innovation
in science, technology and research" which already "has the
highest per capita expenditure on R&D in the UK" is ignored.
Does that suggest the target audience for these events aren't
the firms who are developing Free Software, but the big city
commercial suppliers who will just trade in popular packages
and want to avoid doing any compensation work to repair errors
in the software they deploy, if they can avoid it?

Best wishes,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask