Re: [Fsfe-uk] GPL licence untested, authors could lose their rights in U

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] GPL licence untested, authors could lose their rights in UK
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:27:04 +0100

Dave Love <address@hidden>
> For what it's worth, Vitanuova did their own copyleft licence
> (www.vitanuova.com somewhere) for Inferno specifically to address UK
> legal issues rather than use the GPL.  I don't know what the issues
> were, though, and I suspect it's not relevant to the fuss at issue.

Vitanuova have since retired the LSL in favour of the GPL.
See http://www.vitanuova.com/inferno/licence.html

> I seem to remember it came up before, apropos MJR investigating
> UK-specific licensing issues.  Did that turn up anything useful?

AFAICR, a few unremarkable UK-centric licences by lawyers who
didn't want to talk to me for free. I don't remember them doing
anything particularly worthwhile besides rewording some of the
more complex ideas. I don't have access to the notes because
the host took the wiki down unexpectedly and I didn't yet take
backups of wiki pages then.

Does anyone have further work on this?

Best wishes,
--