Re: [glob2-devel] patch with improvements: brushes (6), fix AI cheating

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] patch with improvements: brushes (6), fix AI cheating (2), explorers (4), other GUI (7)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 20:22:52 +0200

> It helps very much with this farming pattern (my favorite now):
>
>   X..X..
>   .X..X.
>   ..X..X
>   X..X..
>   .X..X.
>   ..X..X

ok now i see. still this looks hard to do. (i want farming areas)

When using a special brush, allow forbidden areas only on fields with:
x-y mod 3 == a
with a constant.
(But this will cause misfits at map "borders")

> This grows as much crop as
>
>   .X..X.
>   .X..X.
>   .X..X.
>   .X..X.
>   .X..X.
>   .X..X.

x mod 3 == a

> but doesn't have the problems of globules getting stuck.

right! Many use

.x.x.x.x
.x.x.x.x
.x.x.x.x

x mod 2 == a, y mod 2 == b
No problems with map "borders".

>> great. i added some default:break; to the switches to get rid of the
>> warnings on every possible key.
>
> Sounds good.  (Why wasn't I getting these warnings?)

no idea. i got tons of them.

I think Joe redirects stderr to /dev/null

--
Kai Antweiler