Re: [glob2-devel] patch with improvements: brushes (6), fix AI cheating

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] patch with improvements: brushes (6), fix AI cheating (2), explorers (4), other GUI (7)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 19:49:44 -0400

On 5/1/07, Kai Antweiler <address@hidden> wrote:
> > That AIEcho feature was intentionally put there and I would like if
> > you replaced it. It is meant to simulate an AI looking at the map
> > beforehand and seeing where the enemies are. This is something the
> > player can do and will definitly give them an edge over the AI.

Makes sense.  Until we get good on the fly random maps we should
use the old setting.

> Good jobs on your other changes, and thank you. Unfortenetly I can't
> pull the changes. As you might know, I'm working on rewriting the
> backend of Glob2, and somehow I've ended up rewriting the network
> layer as well (its going to be a long time before I can even compile
> Glob2, let alone run it).

Why don't you give mercurial a chance?
If I remember correctly, downloading our complete repository is about
4-5 mb due to compression.

After that you can work on multiple branches at once.
Also you could structure your working better by commiting completed
work stages.

--
Kai Antweiler

I'm using mercurial right now. I already have 7 or 8 change sets as
I'm developing the new YOG system. I just don't to merge right now, as
i'm in the middle of working on Glob2.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.