Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 in Community Choice Awards

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 in Community Choice Awards
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:25:19 +1200

I just meant copying the downloads for their mirror ability (which means people never need to see the ads until they download, and then close once download has started. Mailing lists, bug tracker, and Savannah files will still be used.

I also submitted Globulation 2 for Project of the Month, so if we want to get picked (which will mean lots of visits and potential developers), then we need to host something there.

And btw, you don't have to go instantly refusing everything I suggest you know ;)

Think of sourceforges good reason:

- more widely known and used, lots more people and publicity
- download mirror system meaning when the game gets popular, 1 server wont have to handle all the downloads.
- download version histroy (an easy to use version history downloader, rather than trawling through savannahs folder setup

Kieran