Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 in Community Choice Awards

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 in Community Choice Awards
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 22:49:43 +1200

>Also savannah is interested in incorporating _real_ multibranch mercurial support and is about to complete its support for git right now.

And that affects us how? We use our own mercurial setup which suits us better (faster response from Nct and better support). We dont use Savannah for mercurial and hopefully never will.

>We could link our downloads to sourceforge and keep using the savannah bug tracker, developer management and mailing lists.

We still use savannah downloads. My original idea was for a mirror link to sourceforge, or to savannah. Either way, they were both going to be kept and savannah was going to be the main hub (bugs, mailing lists, etc) and sourceforge was downloads and advertisment ;) It wont harm the project to be listed in 2 places and have 2 different download places ;) Look at freshmeat too (thats old and unused but at one point someone must have used it).

Just got to keep up with the trends. Sourceforge seems to be the most popular atm. If that changes, then we follow ;) Without advertisements, whats the point in making the game, other than coding practice? I mean, do any of you on the mailing list actually play the game on a daily basis? We need fresh players to get things moving. :P Thats my opinion anyway (Nct has a different one?? ;) ;) ;) )

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/