Re: [glob2-devel] Optimization suggestions

From: Erik Søe Sørensen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Optimization suggestions
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:43:00 +0200

Kai Antweiler skrev:

You can ask Steph for an mercurial account.
Perhaps I should.
But I might get a Real Job any day... And I'd had to learn using Mercurial, which probably isn't so much fun as spamming you guys with patch files. (I'm joking, of course. I bet using Mercurial is a hoot.) Anyway, for today I'll stick to sending diffs - not just for convenience, but also in the hope of some peer-review - after all, I'm new to this codebase and not eager to break anything...

Oh, and by the way: what would be helpful when profiling is if you could
start the game with command-line options saying, "Load this savegame,
run for $n ticks, and exit" - so that one can measure performance on the
same amount of work :-)
# glob2 --nox
usage:
zero steps will make the game run until the end.
Right, thanks!
For some reason I thought it might be a server-mode thing...

/Erik