[glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information

From: Kieran P
Subject: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 00:38:10 +1200

I made the changes to the source code, and committed, then pulled a branch new copy, checked the files were correct (they are), compiled using profile="" run the game, plays one nicowar (color same as me) against 7 castor on Playground (standard testing for me), let it win, closed the game, ran from the src/ directory "gprof glob2 ~/gmon.out ~/profile.txt", zipped profile.txt, and uploaded (after two unsuccessful attempts to email it instead due to attachment limit :@) to http://dl.sv.nongnu.org/releases/glob2/profile.txt.bz2

I dont know if this is the information you are looking for, but I must say I saw a slight, but noticeable speed increase with the minimap and game speed. Very nice.

Let me know if you would like anything else. I'll look into that other one (oprofile?) some other time.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/