Re: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 09:38:26 +1200

Ok, I ran this using the same exe and gmon file.

gprof -q --min-count=10 glob2 ~/gmon.out > ~/profile.txt

then bzipped. It can be found here:

http://dl.sv.nongnu.org/releases/glob2/profile.txt.tar.bz2

Does this help you ? (come onto IRC so we can talk there)

Regards
Kieran

On 9/8/07, Erik Søe Sørensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Let me know if you would like anything else. I'll look into that other
> one (oprofile?) some other time.

Hey - could you run gprof on the same data with a '-q' switch
(call-graph analysis)?
I think it might be interesting to know why GAGCore::Sprite::getW(int)
is at 8.5%...
(Which is much more than for getH(), I might add.) Incidentally, I don't
see that in my own measurements.

The first 1000 lines will probably suffice - or add the switch
'--min-count=10', that would have approximately the same effect :-)