Re: [glob2-devel] Problem with hg build

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Problem with hg build
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:29:50 +0100

> i've mailed you on that topic as this also was a bug introduced by me i
> guess. as far as i guess it is related to some r,g,b being replaced by
> libgag::color but i can't find what is actually causing it. i located it to
> be in
> http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/file/32fd2d149f9e/libgag/src/GraphicContex
>t.cpp drawHorizontal and drawVertical but not in the diagonal version.
> Having found out that we have about 500 lines on line drawing made me feel
> a bit lost as this was not the most readable part of code to me.

It seems that your experimental code is indeed in default branch, and enabled
by default. This is strange as it seems that the graph shown by hg view does
not indicate such merge. Anyway, if you want to let buggy experimental code
lie in default, in should be disabled by default and enabled by a scons
switch; because otherwise it really makes testers go away :-(

So now I guess that most of the bug we are talking about are related to the
lack of GL state tracking by your experimental code.

We should decide what to do with default branch, I am for disabling the
experimental code in hg at least, a scons switch would be nice.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net