Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more feature request reminders

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more feature request reminders
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:23:49 -0400

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 02:57:55PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > This seems like a potentional distinction between `tla move' and `tla
> > move-tag/move-id' -- the `tla OP' commands do something to both the file
> > and the tag/id, and the -tag/-id form simply operations on the file-i.
>
> except that move-tag and delete-tag were already junked again in favor
> of just delete and move.  (iirc anyway).

It was _suggested_ that they be junked, that doesn't mean they can't be kept
if there's a good reason to have two different operations.

> i just think if that move/delete are to start behaving like mv and rm
> (in that they actually do something with the files, instead of only
> the tags) we should call them mv and rm, its more natural.

Well, more natural for unix users, anyway.  Anyway, I think that's a
non-issue -- it certainly makes sense to have `mv' as an alias for `move',
but I think it's good to have both (and they should definitely have the same
meaning!).

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]