Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more feature request reminders

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more feature request reminders
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:17:01 -0700

On Sunday, Sep 21, 2003, at 16:23 US/Pacific, Miles Bader wrote:

Well, more natural for unix users, anyway.  Anyway, I think that's a
non-issue -- it certainly makes sense to have `mv' as an alias for `move', but I think it's good to have both (and they should definitely have the same
meaning!).

I'm not sure I like the command alias thing. Would it not be better to have standard commands and perhaps an alias mechanism that people can use to plug in their own aliases?

It seems to me that reducing the vocabulary we have to use when talking about tla would benefit us. For example, it was not obvious to me that default-tag does the same thing as explicit-default.

I usually like to think that options are good, but I think choosing between ``commit'' and ``cmtrev'' doesn't really do a lot more than give new users a longer list of commands to look at. However, I think being able to add an alias of ``ci'' to ``commit'' in .arch-params might be helpful.

        Any thoughts?

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>