Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..

From: Marc Recht
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:45:29 +0200

Have a look at valgrind

http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/

It should have mentioned that I work on NetBSD, so valdgrind is not an option..

There, gdb is your friend ...

Thought that. So, my case really is a special case? And tla is supposed to handle thousends of files well without doing anything.

If your  code is public,  then, try to  make a public archive  so that
other people can try to "get" it, and reproduce the bug.

I didn't do anything yet. ;-) I just checked out pkgsrc from :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot ( see http://www.pkgsrc.org/ ) and imported it into a fresh tla archive. This operation took huge amounts of ram. After that I tried to (tla) add some files to that archive and commit them. Thats the point where I am now (before the commit). If it would help I could make the archive after the tla import available, but it'd probably be faster to just grab pkgsrc from netbsd.org and import it locally than to get it from my server...

Cheers,
Marc