Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Wiki invasions

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Wiki invasions
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 14:16:43 +0200

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 07:44:57 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Jan Hudec wrote:
>
> >Yes, google bot almost surely will do it. It is, however, fault of Moin
> >Moin. Since "revert" has side-efects, it should be only accessibe as
> >a POST request -- and I know no bot that would send POST requests.
>
> Seconded.  Use of GET instead POST violates HTTP semantics.
>
> Can this be avoided by putting something in a robots.txt file?

Wildcards don't seem to be available in robots.txt and MoinMoin has the
page name before action in the URI. Only chance is, if you can get
complete list of pages, to generate the robots.txt like (shellish code):

echo "User-Agent: *"
for $page in $all_pages do
    echo "Disallow: /moin.cgi/$page?"
done

That will allow robots to view the pages, but nothing else.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>