Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fixing a log message post hoc

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fixing a log message post hoc
Date: 07 Jun 2004 16:09:11 +0200

>> Is there any way I can fix a typo in a log message?

CW> You can never change history.

In Soviet Russia...

CW> The longer answer is: If your real archive is private, and you later
CW> mirror it publicly, you can modify the log in your archive, and update
CW> your working copies, purge your revision libraries, etc.

The archive is public.  I only want to change the summary of a single
patch.  I'm willing to accept that the mirrors won't get the fix, I
just want my main archive to be fixed.

The typo annoys me every time I see it, which is surprisingly often.
If you don't tell me how to fix it, I'll sue you for my stomach ulcer ;-)

                                        Juliusz