Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:44:32 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> So what if Tom had chosen, e.g., lua instead (which seems a good choice)?

Then arch users could

* Use the existing toold for lua (Emacs mode, documentation &
  tutorials of the language)

* Reuse their knowledge of the language for other tools (in
  particular, since I use ion, I already know a bit about lua)

Off course, event with an existing language, _some_ users will have
to learn it because they don't know it already. With a new language,
_every_ users will have to learn it.

Personally, I'm willing to learn a new language if it brings a real
added value in comparison to other languages for this purpose, or if I
think I'll be able to reuse it in other contexts. With furth, I still
don't have a clear understanding of the question, but I doubt it will
be in either of those cases.

--
Matthieu