Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:01:53 -0400

Andrew Suffield wrote:
> Remember that merge requests are intended to be folded into a
> specifically named branch automatically by the bug tracker, such that
> they can just be replayed; this gives submissions a certain amount of
> flexibility - we can (and should) handle submissions as raw
> unidiff. Still, it has to be fully automated on both ends.

I'm not quite sure that I get you. Are you saying that the submitter can
suggest a version that the patches are intended to be merged into?

> If nothing solid comes along soon, I'll make up something that sucks
> so badly everybody wants to rewrite it, and use that. It's probably
> going to be blocking the vote/queue stuff by next week.

That's a scary threat. :)

I don't mind taking the time to think the situation out carefully. I'd
like to be more clear on exactly what problem I'm supposed to be solving
in the first place though.

Regards,
James