Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:05:32 +0200

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 03:50:53PM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
> Tom Lord wrote:
> >                                                                   and
> > continuations in a simple (rather than heavily optimized) interpreter
> > was fairly absurd at the time;
>
> That's it, I'll play the dope. What are continuations?

You may be interested to read the blog of Dan Sugalski who is the
architect of Parrot, the VM that will run Perl6.

He talks about continuations among other things:
   http://www.sidhe.org/~dan/blog/archives/000156.html
there are other entries on that subject in his blog.

Because contuations have been used for ages in Lisp, lambda the
ultimate is a good resource:
  http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/

--
 stef