Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:55:13 -0700

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>

So the question is not "is it good/bad to allow postponement", but rather "why do they feel like there's a need for a new law about it, and why did
they relate it to terrorism rather than catastrophes".

Another interesting question is "why would they want to instill this
power in an (umbrella) federal law enforcement agency".

They aren't. They're talking about instilling the power in the Election Assistance Commission, which is not a law enforcement agency, and not part of the DHS. They're a bi-partisan commission, as I pointed out in my previous rather long message. Basically, they're the people who help states pay for new voting machines.

 Again, here's their website:

http://www.eac.gov/

 pierce