Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Frank T. Pohlmann
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:05:30 +0100 (BST)

>   You're not going to like hearing this, but a
> widespread perception in
> the US is that Europe wants to both not spend the
> money to be relevant,
> while retaining veto power on US actions.

Nobody has veto power on US actions. I find it
interesting that the US media still believe that this
European-American divide is about telling the US what
to do. How quaint.

That's not
> going to happen.
> If Europe wants to be consulted, they'll have to
> spend the money.

They do. They prefer, however, to spend it on projects
not necessarily connected to bombers, tanks and
shooting unarmed civilians. I apologize on behalf on
all Europeans that we are actually trying to use
different means. So sorry.

In
> the debates I see in Foreign Affairs, the pro-Europe
> faction is getting
> increasingly frustrated because more and more, when
> Europe shows up, it
> doesn't make any difference.

Nobody makes any difference to the US. The whole world
is frustrated with the US. Europe is just one part of
a very pissed-off world.

-frank

Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com