Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:37:47 +0200

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 00:41, Michael Poole wrote:
... Lots cut off ...

> I hope that most Americans (and most citizens of developed countries)
> can accept their next-door neighbors as countrymen and treat them
> decently even if there is a language barrier.

Michael, a friendly remark (I don't know you so you'll start at the friend
level). Do you know that you mix a very subversive kind of racism in your
answer? Exactly the same kind that Bush uses when he talks evil axis,
thugs or developed countries. What is a developped country to start with?
A what level are we judging?

I come from a country that one could (or not) classify as under
developement or under developed or maybe even developed I just don't think
Bush would put it in the develloped countries (if it doesn't fit him at
the very moment) and Hell! we are a 100 times more developed and civilized
than the US (at least the image the US gives of itself).

Let's not start a useless discussion here, people are people wherever they
come from. We have jerks in my country too and I guess 50% of the people
put me in that group while the other 70% think I 'm a nice guy (not a
typo, I'm counting the those that are not real sure in both groups).

So please, please, as a friend, do not judge without knowing (It did hurt
you when I wrote the USians are not civilized didn't it. That was to give
you a taste of what your "developed" could make people feel, not really
because you are not civilized (I'm a bad guy, sorry)).

How many un-developed countries have you visited? How did they treat you?

Cheers, Nadim.