Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Initial short-path support

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Initial short-path support
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:24:26 -0400

>> Ron Parker wrote:
>> > Hmm, James, I was just contemplating posting a message about a
>> > partially completed feature to get feed back.
>>

>> Where's your changes. I'll take a look at it and see if I see anything
>> obviously errant. How's that sound?
>
> address@hidden
>     http://www.inthefaith.net/rdp/{archives}/address@hidden
>
> The changes are in tla--short-path--1.3.

Ok. I took a look at this, while you and I talked on irc. Though it's of
course possible that Tom will ping you on something that I missed, it
looks solid to me, other than the the couple minor things
we discussed. (a comment for the regex, the if/else ordering in that one
case, and where a couple of those functions belonged).

With all that said, I think there should be a serious discussion about
bumping the archive version #, pulling in your patch and other (good)
patches that change the archive format.

In an archive version bump occurred, you could pull out the longer path
conversion for changesets and just use shorter path as the default.