Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: new language, arch, furth, etc.

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: new language, arch, furth, etc.
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:38:23 -0500

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 09:22, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> So, by your reasoning the output of tla abrowse and similar should be
> totally dismissed as problematic. Maybe you suggest to use xl for it?
>
> After all, the summary of any revision may be as smart as:
>
>   (if (is-developer) "added xl anywhere" "general improvements")
>
> And is not it convenient if the abrowse output looks like:

If that output is trivial to parse and reformat (for a web-based or GUI
frontend, for instance), I'd call that a feature, not a bug -- though
human-readable output should be available as well, of course. If we
actually had an interactive frontend in wide use right now, *it* could
be responsible for going between the trivially-parsed format and any
human-preferred format... though personally, I have little problem with
the lispish syntaxes even from a human-readability perspective,
generally speaking.