Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Round II -- new language, arch, furth, etc.

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Round II -- new language, arch, furth, etc.
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:17:33 +0200

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 10:39:37 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> John Meinel <address@hidden> writes:
> > "The primary simplifying notion of darcs is that every copy of your
> > source code is a full repository."
>
> So darcs cannot represent relationships between different repositories?
>
> How does it handle synchronization between independent sites working on
> the same code base (or doesn't it)?

I believe darcs does not even have a linear history. It has just a bunch
of named, partialy ordered, patches. The synchronization simply means
"get the patches that I don't have yet". Then darcs looks at the
ordering, sorts the patches and rebuilds the working copy. Additional
ordering can be specified as means of tagging releases.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>