Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Round II -- new language, arch, furth, etc.

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Round II -- new language, arch, furth, etc.
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:06:23 +0200

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:

> In its current form it is way too limited.  When people submit Rhythmbox
> patches, they often want to describe the patch.  How is that going to
> work?  Would tla become a MUA?

A little off topic, but I've just tried darcs
( http://abridgegame.org/darcs/ ). I had never used it before, and all
I had to do to submit a patch was:

(# apt-get install darcs)
$ darcs get http://...
$ cd project-dir

<hack hack hack>

$ darcs record -a
<give my email address to darcs>
$ darcs send

And the patch was sent by email to the maintainer.

No need to set up an archive, no need for a web access, no need for
any configuration, no need for me to give the email address of the
maintainer ... Awfully simple !

For a project with a lot of occasional contributors, this is simply
great, and I'd love arch to be able to provide something as simple as
this.

--
Matthieu