Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge and unrelated trees

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge and unrelated trees
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:24:23 -0400

Jani Monoses wrote:

>> You're submiting all of these for review?
>
> Yes.
>
> I took out the merges and explained each chunk separately below. All but
> #11 have either bugs or merge requests in bug-goo.
>
>>                patch-2
>>                   my fix for names tagging and partial commit
>>
>>                patch-4
>>                   silence warning
>
> these two go together. Allows using relative paths when passing filenames to
> commit -- when names tagging is used.Also for undo -- and changes -- (see
> below)

Conceptually, these look fine. path_from_tree_root looks like
it could use a bit more work first, though . You're doing a lot string handling
that isn't being handled the same way as the rest of arch. For example,
any particular reason you're not using things like filename_in_vicinity?

Also, regarding that if ( method==tagging)  {lim_free ... }.  What do
you think about the file_path = file_list[x][0]; into an str_save line,
and then just doing an unconditional lim_free on file_path.

>>                patch-5
>>                   fix file-find bug
> fix copied from file-diff. Used to give IO panic in certain situations.

This looks fine.

>>                patch-6
>>                   selective undo
>
> comment says it all.

I'm still looking at this one. I think this could really use acouple
test cases first. I'm also wondering if cmd-undo.c as done as is
reasonably possible and

>>                patch-7
>>                   fix selective changes invocation
>>
>>                patch-8
>>                   include header file to fix warning
>
> these two go together, allows changes -- . The code was mostly there but not
> enabled.Strange?

Yeah. That is strange. Maybe its that way on purpose. Before I start
testing this one, how well did you test it against the various tagging methods?

>>                patch-11
>>                   tentative fix for something related to star-merge
>
> this is todays issue with star-merge.

I think I need some help on this one.