Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:39:58 +0000

On 21 Aug 2004 15:11:57 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:

> Currently pages like
> http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/address@hidden
>
> are structured in category -> branch -> version
>
> A nice to have alternative view would be
>   category -> version -> branch

I don't know. Diverging from the arch's idea of structure does not sound
too appealing to me.  [BTW, I hope/think this is the correct usage of word
"diverge", so such name would be unintuitive to mean "branch" or "fork".]

I guess you should lobby Tom and others to change the arch namespace
itself. It seems that Tom is already convinced, and you will be able
to use micro-branches instead of branches in the near future. ArchZoom
will surelly support micro-branches.

Would a special branch name "*" solve your needs now? I.e.:

  http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/address@hidden/moin--*--1.1

It was easy to add, so you may visit this url to see how it works.
(You may omit "?expand" here, since "*" implies "expand".)

Regards,
Mikhael.