Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom wishlist item
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:16:17 +0000

On 21 Aug 2004 17:48:49 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:

> > Would a special branch name "*" solve your needs now? I.e.:
> >
> >   http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/address@hidden/moin--*--1.1
>
> Thats pretty cool though really cluttered. If this was displayed with
> the other view (version -> branch) then it'd look like
>   moin
>         1.1
>               cvs          base-0 .. patch-47
>               features     base-0
>               fixes        base-0 .. patch-15
>               multilang    base-0 .. patch-2
>               productive   base-0 .. patch-7
>               public       base-0 .. patch-1
>               refactor     base-0 .. patch-30

This is exactly what you will get when you switch to micro-branches.
Well, this should be the output of 'tla abrowse' then.

I don't say ArchZoom will not support this, but I want first to implement
the micro-branch stuff when tla supports it, and then add this
backward-compatible option that converts branches to micro-branches.

> Don't see this as "diverging" from arch, think of it as a more user-
> friendly representation of the arch namespace (well, at least sometimes
> more userfriendly, with other working styles it'd be less userfriendly)

I need an official say from Tom. Will we finally have a tree namespace
(as opposed to a 2-dimentional branch-version namespace) in the future?

Regards,
Mikhael.