[Gnu-arch-users] tla inventory

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla inventory
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:29:53 +1000

* When I add the -p|--precious option to tla inventory, I get "P? "
prefixes to the files listed. This makes it useless for piping a list of
such files to tar (jar in my case).

I thought --names got rid of the prefixes, but that doesn't seem to be
the case here (perhaps a different version, or simply different use
case).

How can I remove this prefix?

* tla inventory has an option, --nested. That does not follow symlinks.
Would it be approrpriate to add an equivalent to tar's --follow (follow
symlinks) option?

The reason for needing --follow is, my build/ output dir is built by
both compiling stuff from my src/ dir (Java classes), as well as
symlinking some stuff (media/images directory and the line). So my
build/ output hierary has symlinks, which need to be descended for the
purpose of building my release files (.jar zip files).

Now, I could (am currently) chaining tar --follow and an inverse (-v)
grep (to remove .arch-ids directories etc), but it would seem that tla
inventory should be able to do this .. that's exactly the type of thing
it's for, right?

tia
zen

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.