Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:01:44 -0400

James Blackwell wrote:
Why show both abrowse and rbrowse in the "newbie" help?  I've only
ever used abrowse, but from reading this list it seems that rbrowse
can do a superset of what abrowse can.  Also, the current organisation
of sub-headings etc seem kind of arbitrary, at least to a newcomer.

Because rbrowse is a bit more powerful, but is _to this day_ missing
some basic functionality. It also doesn't feel as nice when working with
remote archives.

A case could be made that we don't need to show newbies the slightly-more-powerful command.

Also, how do you think this will be received by people that are looking for a command name, but can't remember what section its in? (i.e. gdb
help disease)

Cameron's "tla help all" would address that, no?

Aaron