Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:53:04 -0400

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 02:53:31PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> I link this idea, but I thin kind of cross-referencing is best expressed
> in a medium like HTML, while expressing it in help output written in C
> is more cumbersome.

Sorry, but that's absurd -- you're saying when I just need the names of a few
more commands I've got to _fire up my web browser_ (not to mention be
connected to the net in the first place)?!?

C'mon, nobody's suggesting that full manuals be inserted into tla, just that
the help command be a bit more friendly about which lines it outputs.  This
is not difficult to implement.

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.