Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:12:23 -0500

Esben Mose Hansen (by way of Esben Mose Hansen <address@hidden>) wrote:
On Sunday 26 September, 2004 14:04, you wrote:

Hmm. I would definitely drop archive-mirror. And I think that dropping
archieve-setup would be a good thing too, unless it is necessary in a
common use case (i.e. set up, get, updating, branching or merging).

archive-mirror is one of the most often used and important tla commands.

Really? I never used it. Well, keep it then.

I use it to keep backups, or to get local copies of stuff. Probably worth keeping, though lower on priority.

Multiple merge commands are not newbie stuff, I think. I'd keep tag,
update and missing --- and drop star-merge and replay.

star-merge is one of the most often used and important tla commands.

Really? I have never used it, except to try it. Could you outline a simple
usecase where a newbie might have good use of star-merge?

Ah, this is looking good already. Wish I had that kind of help when I started
using tla :-D

--
regards, Esben

I use star-merge at least once a day. Basically any time that you want to develop on a branch, or keep sync with someone else's branch, etc. For me, it is the killer feature of tla. I would definitely leave it in.

John
=:->