[Gnu-arch-users] help setting up sharing over HTTP

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] help setting up sharing over HTTP
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:42:38 -0600

I have an archive that I have set up on a server: I also have arch
installed on my laptop.  I'm trying to make a mirror of the remote
archive, but I get an error.

[~]% tla register-archive address@hidden http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~hdm/2005-main
[~]% tla make-archive --mirror-from address@hidden ~/hdm-mirror
[~]% tla archive-mirror address@hidden
webdav error: 404 Not Found

The website http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~hdm/2005-main most certainly
exists, so I'm not sure why I get the 404 Not Found error.  I'm also
not sure how webdav comes into it.

On the server, the file 2005-main is just a symlink to the main archive,

lab45:~hdm$ ls -l www/2005-main
lrwxrwxrwx    1 hdm      under          31 Dec 13 20:15 www/2005-main ->
/home/hdm/{archives}/2005-main/

Maybe this is simply not the way to go.

Can you offer any suggestions that would help me get things set up on
the server side and/or on my laptop so I can make a mirror?