Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: library-relink

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: library-relink
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:13:49 -0500

Aaron Bentley wrote:

Hi Folks,

I've written a script to re-link revision libraries.  Normally, this
would corrupt them, but this script will re-write the inode signatures.
~ Naturally, it verifies that each tree is not corrupt, before attempting
to re-link it.

It is a standalone Python 2.3 script.  I went from 600 MiB down to about
170.

You can get it here:
address@hidden/library-relink--devel--0--patch-20
http://push.sourcecontrol.net/archives/address@hidden/

Aaron

Your archive as of patch-24 is corrupted.
If I do:
baz register-archive http://push.sourcecontrol.net/archives/address@hidden/
baz get address@hidden/library-relink--devel library-relink

Patch-24 seems to be an add of the entire file, where the old version was empty.

Did your library-relink code actually corrupt your revlib? Say you stopped it mid-way through, so it would not finish relinking a file, or some such thing. Or maybe something else was accessing the file while you tried to change the link.

The best thing (I think) is to tag devel--0 into devel--1 and cachrev the new base-0. However, people who already have patch-23 or less, will probably prefer to try to build through patch-24. But this can be avoided by removing the pristine and doing another get.

John
=:->