Re: PDF (old hat) and lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: PDF (old hat) and lyrics
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:41:28 +0200

> Hi folks,
>
> I was amazed at Maarten Wisse's good looking Type1 fonts. I'm using PDF quite
> frequently, as I distribute scores to my band and choir by WWW. Yet, with the
> choir lyrics I run into problems. As they are Computer Modern, they are not
> part
> of Maarten's fix. Does anybody have a suggestion how I can install traced
> Computer Modern fonts and make them part of the Lilypond font map so I can
> switch to and fro at will?

They are already available in your TeX installation, try
dvips -Ppdf (at least if you are using teTeX, see the
documentation 'texdoc TETEXDOC'). If you don't use the
Type1 feta fonts, you'll get some warning since dvips will
try to make high resolution versions of all remaining
bitmapped fonts, but it still works well.

   /Mats