gnu-regexp-users

Re: [Regexp] Copyright assignment, gnu.regexp future plans

From: Chad Loder
Subject: Re: [Regexp] Copyright assignment, gnu.regexp future plans
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:48:32 -0800

It's not clear to me that you can change the copyright
retroactively on existing versions already in use
under the original copyright terms.

In other words, you can't offer something with one
copyright, have people start using it according to
that copyright, and then change it on them after the
fact.  So any copyright changes would solely be going
forward.

I know it sounds obvious, but I would like some
clarification on this point.

Thanks,
        Chad Loder