gnu-regexp-users

RE: [Regexp] Copyright assignment, gnu.regexp future plans

From: jon
Subject: RE: [Regexp] Copyright assignment, gnu.regexp future plans
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:55:36 -0800

RTFP ;)

Software usage is determined by the license distributed to you with the
software. So your right to use even an old version of software may be
limited by future events. Read The Fine Print.

I haven't seen a license that states "your rights expire if the copyright is
re-assigned." But, there are certainly cases where licenses are written to
expire based on any number of conditions such as date.

Later