gnu-regexp-users

Re: [Regexp] Copyright assignment, gnu.regexp future plans

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Regexp] Copyright assignment, gnu.regexp future plans
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 04:43:35 +0530

If memory serves me right, Wes Biggs wrote:
> <sigh> I suppose you're right.  More work for me.
>
> Any idea how trivial a triviality must be?  Besides Alan Moore, the
> other folks on the list contributed at most a patch or two.

I'm speaking out of turn here (because I'm not a contributer) ...

But 15 lines is fixed as the "trivial" patch limit for most GNU
projects ....

And the license switch can be applied for future releases only , which
is good . But it requires the *written* agreement of all the major
contributers IIRC ..

Hmmm... My project gets people to assign copyright to FSF, to avoid such
issues in the future ...

Gopal